Today I’m sharing everything you need to know about the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker! I’ll walk you through detailed steps of how to make delicious iced coffee in minutes (with videos!), share some of my favorite recipes, and answer all your questions with a Q & A!
I’ve had my Mr Coffee Iced Coffee Maker for a few months now and it’s amazing! I can make iced coffee in under 5 minutes! Here’s how:
Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker: Step by Step in Detail!
Step 1: Add Water
Fill your tumbler with water (room temp is fine). Simply open the lid, remove the top compartment, and pour water directly into the base of the coffee maker. There is a little step that shows what height the water should reach, and above it is the max fill line. The included tumbler is great because you can get the perfect amount of water every time!
Step 2: Coffee Grounds + Ice
Put the compartment back on the coffee machine and put the reusable filter directly in the top. Adding another filter is optional, but I like to use a paper filter like THESE when I make coffee. Fill the included measuring scoop and pour coffee grounds directly into the filter. Close the lid.
Next, fill your tumbler with ice to the marked “ice” line.
Step 3: Make the Coffee!
Plug in the coffee maker. Slide the tab from right to left to go from drip-stop to open. Then press and hold the “power” button for a few seconds. The line should light up and, in a few seconds, the coffee maker should start to make noise and brew your iced coffee! It takes less that 3 minutes!
Step 4: Finishing Up
When your tumbler is full and the coffee maker has finished dripping, slide the tab from left to right to move back to drip-stop. The power will automatically turn off, and you can unplug your coffee maker.
I love how simple cleanup us with the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker! Open the lid and discard the coffee grounds (Careful – they may be hot). Rinse the reusable filter and place it back the top compartment so it’s ready next time you make coffee.
Now for the fun part: customize your coffee however you like it! The coffee maker includes a recipe booklet with some great ideas to get you started. I’m sharing my favorite combos and some inspiration to help you make your own custom coffee recipe!
Pro Tip: I always use simple syrup, since it dissolves better in iced coffee. If you use regular sugar, it will sink to the bottom!
Caramel Iced Coffee
This is my favorite recipe! It’s super easy too, which makes it great for even the busiest mornings.
- 1 Serving Iced Coffee
- 1 Tablespoon Carmel Syrup
- Heavy Cream (to taste :))
- Peppermint Mocha – 1 Serving Iced Coffee + 1Tbs Ghirardelli Chocolate Syrup + 1Tbs Peppermint Syrup + Heavy Cream or Half & Half
- Pumpkin Spice “Latte” – 1 Serving Iced Coffee + 1 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Sauce + Heavy Cream or Half & Half + Whipped Cream + Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Iced Coffee – 1 Serving Iced Coffee + 1 Tbs Vanilla Syrup + Heavy Cream or Half & Half
- Almond Joy – 1 Serving Iced Coffee + 1 tsp Almond Syrup + 2 tsp Coconut Syrup + 1 Tbs Ghirardelli Chocolate Syrup + Almond Milk
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon – 1 Serving Iced Coffee + 1 Tbs Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup + Heavy Cream or Half & Half + Cinnamon Sugar
These are just a few ideas, so have fun trying new recipes! You can always use Almond Milk or Oat Milk for dairy-free, and there are a lot of great options for Sugar-Free Syrups too!
Q & A
Q: Can the Mr. Coffee Iced make hot coffee?
- To make hot coffee instead of iced, follow the same process, without filling the tumbler with ice. You can either make the coffee directly in the tumbler or in a large mug (It won’t completely fill the tumbler because there is no ice). This method will make stronger coffee, because the ice won’t dilute it. It’s still delicious, and my brother actually prefers hot coffee from the Mr. Coffee Iced, rather than our regular hot coffee maker!
Q: Is the tumbler dishwasher safe?
A: Yes and no.
- The tumbler itself is NOT dishwasher safe, but according to the instruction booklet, you can put the reusable filter in the dishwasher. I’ve never put mine in the dishwasher, simply because I find it easier to rinse it and put everything back in right away, but the reusable filter should be fine in the dishwasher!
Q: How big is the tumbler?
A: It can hold 22oz! It’s approximately 8 inches tall, and the straw extends about 2 inches above the lid. The tumbler gets slightly wider towards the top, so the diameter is just over 2.5 inches at the base and around 3.75 inches on the top.
Q: How big is the Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker?
A: The coffeemaker itself is just over 12 inches tall, and the lid opens to make it about 18.5 inches. It’s 6 inches in diameter.
Q: Can you use instant coffee? What about coffee beans?
A: No. You can only use ground coffee.
If you want to check out some other great coffee makers, be sure to read my post: The Best Coffee Maker for Every Budget! The Mr. Coffee Iced is on the list, as well as tons of great options for both hot and iced coffee makers!
One response to “Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker: Make Delicious Iced Coffee in Under 5 Minutes!”
[…] Bonus Tip: The Simple Modern Tumbler works really well for keeping iced coffee cold too! For my favorite iced coffee maker and recipes, read this post next: Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker: Make Delicious Iced Coffee in Under 5 Minutes! […]